Mar 19, 2011

Contented

I lose my cool with Ivan yesterday night. With a cane in my hand and top with a crazy mad woman look, I went after him to give him a good spanking. Over what? Over a lesson called 'Contentment'

I have come across some little children, be it someone you know or some strangers. They come to you and asked for the little toy you are holding or the sweet in your hand. Well, not that I'm stingy and wouldn't share but it's just something which I wouldn't want my boys to be doing. They should learn to be contented and not to ask around for stuffs. I wouldn't like my boys to stare at other children with lollies or ice-creams and I wouldn't want my boys to ask me for something; just because their friends have it and they want to have it too.

There are too much of toys at home, too much of stickers and too much of everything else. The boys need to be contented.

So, it happened to Ivan.

It took place in school. One of his friends brought the new twist-it-out colour pencils to school and he gave Ivan 4 colours. I have seen this in the bookshop and infact, I did ask Ivan whether he would like to have a box. He chose the crayons instead.

So, he brought home the 4 sticks of colours, a token from his friend. I gave him a good pep talk and convinced him to return the colours to his friend the next day. The next day came and the colours are still in his bag. His reason? He forgot. When I checked through the bag, to my horror, it was only 3 sticks instead of 4. Ivan explained that he gave the other one to another friend. I swear that Ivan could see my hair standing high up and my eyes were flaming red with fire at that time. Not only he took something from his friend, he even gave one away to another friend. Hey ! That's so not right !

And it was one of Ivan's darkest night. I whacked him and left a few lines on his legs and arms. While he was still sobbing, I explained to him why I was so mad with him.

Seriously, I'm always saying this. It's really easy to well, *ahem* make babies, not too difficult to carry them in the tummy for 40 weeks and also, not that painful to deliver them (I survived without epidural !). But, trust me, educating them is the toughest. Educating them to mold them into someone who would love their life, enjoy every bit of it and with a good heart. I would hope that someday, my boys would grow up and be contented with their life. Because, when you are not contented, you will never find happiness.

No comments: