Mar 1, 2011

Ciggy vs Dinner

Left my cash in the shorts I wore during the weekends and I went to work with minimal cash in purse. So I thought that I could still withdraw some cash from the ATM machine until I realised that the ATM card is in the same pocket.

This happens to me quite regularly, especially on Mondays. I have only approximately RM30 in my purse at work. Spent RM20 during lunch and I'm left with RM12. Jef called me on my way home and he asked me to help him pack some dinner back. A simple hawker's dinner meal's still within my limited budget and I agreed to help. A couple of minutes later, he called back and asked help to get ciggies for him. Oh no, ciggies + dinner = more than RM12. So, I gave him the ultimate decision to make. Ciggy or Dinner. He could only choose one. He thought about it for 3 seconds and he chose ... (I'm sure it wouldn't take a 3 years old to figure this out)

It's really not easy being a wife these days. If there's a wife advert, you will probably find one main requirement which is - Ability to play multiple roles.


Don't get the dirty idea. (I know what you are thinking about)

A wife must be a police traffic.
How? She must be able to tell traffic condition at all times.
When? On the way to somewhere, Jef asked, "Do you think it would be jam there later?"

A wife must be a parking attendant
How? She must be able to tell parking conditions anywhere
When? In a shopping mall, Jef asked, "Should I park at valet parking or should I go into parking lots, ah? Do you think there's any spots for me?"

A wife must be a weather woman or even a meteorologist !
How? She must be able to predict the weather
When? Jef would ask whenever he wants to, "Hey, going to rain?"

So, you see. It's really not easy being a wife these days. And how do I fit? Perfectly. For not being able to answer any of his questions and still look knowlegeable. To him, I'm putting on the "My-God,-like-that-also don't-know-ahh-face" and it works like magic all the time.

P/S: Incase you are still wondering, he chose ciggy.

No comments: