Oct 21, 2010

Kewl, ya?

Cool is about being yourself

Today, I had a conversation with a colleague and that's what he quoted. We were talking about daily allowances and lunchboxes for his children. *The conversation has been cut short to prevent you from dozing off*

Me : So, how much do you give to your kids everyday? Bet RM10 would be just nice if they have to eat out, huh?

Coll : I don't really know how much .. my wife takes from my wallet for them. But, I do pack them some biscuits, bread with a slice of cheese and their favourite biscuits. Something handy in case they get hungry. At times, I pack bananas for them too.

Me : How old are your children?
I asked out of curiosity. Biscuits? Bread with cheese? And tops up with allowance? Everyday? I'm confused. The lunchbox sounded like it's prepared for a primary school child. But the allowances ... is a tad too much for primary school children. 

Coll : One is Form 4 and the other Form 5.

Me giggled : kkekkek ... Mr Cool, at that age, it's kind of 'uncool' to bring lunchboxes to school. kkekeke. For me, I would want to  go to the canteen, eat with my friends instead of being there but eating from my same old lunchbox food.

I'm relating to my own experience as a secondary school-er, who had to bring lunchbox to school everyday.

Coll : They do eat canteen food at times and bring back the lunchboxes. But, canteen food can be quite unpleasant sometimes, and that's when they will finish up the bread. Even if they don't eat what's served in canteen, they will still be there with their friends, eating from their lunchboxes.It's actually fine with my boys. They don't really care what people think of them. Afterall, cool is about being yourself.

Hmm ... I pondered over his remarks and now I know why.


I finally understood why I'm so darn cool.

No comments: