Jun 26, 2010

World's Greatest Dad

The first time it happened, Ivan was just one year plus. And now, it's happening again to Jayden. Jayden's barely one year old. I can't find any reasonable explanations to this 'phenomenal' and I have to agree that it's not pure coincidence cause this happened not once but twice. Twice to different individuals, twice at almost the same age for both boys. *sigh* Bet the boys can already tell who to please at age of one, huh? Since I'm the angel and he's the punisher, I'm the good one and he's the bad one, I'm the easy one and he's the tougher one and I'm the one who forgives them even though they don't call me first. Both of them adds "Daddy" into  their list of first vocal words. Probably to a certain extend, human's instinct can tell who to ingratiate to (suck up to) and when to do so. Hahhah ... I'm just jealoused.

They love daddy more than mummy. Atleast a 0.00000001% extra of love for daddy compared to mummy. And I don't blame them. Jef's such a wonderful dad. Though he's tough with the boys, but he's also playful with them when it's play time. He plays with them, jokes with them and plays funny harmless pranks on them (or me) for a good laugh. Besides the long straight face that he puts on when he's angry, there are also plenty of funny faces Jef feigns just to get the two boys laughing away. Well, laughter can be contagious and had me laughing along too. He fills the home and our heart with happiness which is beyond words.

Happy times are great times. Sick times are not fun especially when it's children you need to deal with. Though it is every parents' unwritten responsibilities to take care of sick children. But, there are some dads who prefers to leave it to wifey. Not with Jef. In sickness and in health, he's there for us. As much as it hurts to be sick, it hurts him more to see you sick.

If there's going to be an award for World's Greatest Dad, Jef definitely gets 2 votes. (I'm voting my own dad .. hhahaa)

I made all those up. And yes, I'm saying this because I'm still jealous. I figured that the *only* reasonable reason the boys are calling Daddy first is simply because Daddy is such an easy word to say. Daahh Deee .. easy peasy, baby. Hahaa ... Just kidding. You are the World's Greatest Dad for Ivan and Jayden. Happy Father's Day. Sorry that the wishes came so late, ya.


So, here. Ivan calling Daddy. Take note of how Jef answers Ivan. Cool as cucumber.

No comments: