May 11, 2010

Tale of a Wonderful Mother's Day

Jef offered to wash the cars yesterday with Ivan's help. My first thought, "Uughh, the boys would be so tired after the car wash and I will be left with 3 babies to take care of ! So, thanks but no thanks !". And I politely declined. Ivan was doing his homework and revision at that time and looking at him struggling to read the Chinese words, I changed my mind. The car wash would be fun for him and like what Jef said, it's a good bonding session for them.

I shared the plan with Ivan and he was thrilled to do the car wash. Equipped with a pail and other stuffs, the big boys went outside to start work. Jef suggested for me to go for a walk with Jay in stroller (brilliant idea!) while waiting for my car to be cleaned and groomed.

When everything's done up, Ivan said these to me while he was still clad in his damp shirt and pants.

"Mummy, is your car clean?"

"Do you like it?"

"Are you happy?"

(And I replied yes to all the 3 questions)

"Happy Mother's Day !!!"

(I dropped whatever I was doing and gave him a tight tight hug !)

Sweet of Jef to plan it out (though he wasn't really persistent about washing my car earlier.) :P This is indeed much better compared to a card. So, this year wash my car. Next year help to clean the house while I go for Spa? How about that, daddy?

No comments: