Jan 20, 2010

Hey, I'm Like That Too .. !


Recently a friend asked me whether are there any differences between my boys, Ivan and Jayden. I pondered over it and I realised there are plenty. Plenty of differences, after all, we human beings are unique creatures created by God. Instead of that, I look for something in common. Ha ! The list is shorter and surprisingly, there's something awfully similar between the both of them.

They are slow eater. Really really slow eater. You got to even say the word sllooooowwwwwlllyyyy. Ivan takes hours to finish up his meal and Jayden has to split up milk into 2 feeds (sometimes). 2 different feeds as the milk has chilled down and he prefers warm milk. He too, took a long time to finish up, approximately 20 minutes.

Like many other children (as well as chipmunks, hamsters, squirrels, etc), Ivan 'stores' food in his mouth . He keeps it there for a good couple of minutes and then only chew, *pause*, chew, *pause* ............. "Ivan, eat faster !" "I'm eating ... !!!! You cannot see meh?"

Now, Jayden. He whines for milk. The first few sips were sucked down pretty fast and then, it gets slower and slower. It gets more and more difficult too. He will start to struggle, tongue pushing milk bottle out and he starts making irritated faces. UUgghhh ... he's just saying, the milk is cold now. Get it warmed up and I'll drink again.

Having something in common with another being can be surprisingly pleasant but it can be the adverse too. Simply put, it's pleasant if it's a common interest but it's not if it's a common attitude (eg. the same stubbornness, quick temper, etc). So, it's either "Hey ! I'm like that too" + Hi-5 or "Puhhhleeasseee .. Look who's talking? You are the stubborn one, okay???!?!?!"

*yawn*

Anyway, there you go, one character in common. I'm not listing out the rest, I will leave it to them to discover on their own. Hopefully, they like what they discover and no wars at home, please.

No comments: